Wednesday, September 19, 2007

My Dad...

Today was the one year anniversary of my Dad's passing away.....it was a very, very difficult day...I was really shocked at how strong the sad emotions can come back. I just really tried to spend the day remembering my Dad and also remember that he is not in pain anymore, he spent so much of the last year of his life hurting so bad, that right now with God, I know he is happy and pain free.
My uncle Ron (my Dad's brother) sent me this email(below)...and I must have read it 100 times today! It is so true,and is words are so perfect. The love of my friends and family are what sustain me day to day, through good and bad! I love you all! Thanks for being there for me...

My dear, sweet Amy,
Please know that my heart has a very special place for you and I sendyou a big embrace. Give your emotions free range and let the tears come.It is a sad thing you remember and it is natural to be sad over it.Don't resist your feelings. You are God's creature and your tears areHis creation, too. They are therapeutic. They cleanse more than theeyes; they wash the soul. And it honors your father to cry these tears.It is because you have a good heart that you mourn your dad, so let ithappen and know that I love you and so many others do, as well.
With shared sadness and big love,Uncle Ron



No comments: